Noto Fashion Show

NotoRecapVertical
I’ve been meaning to write this post for quite some time (among many others) but wedding season has really pumped the breaks on my blogging schedule as of late through both my attendance and hand lettering work. *Currently typing with sore puffy fingers, riddled with late night X-Acto nicks and misfortunes.*
NotoRecapHorizontal1
Moving on, last month I had the pleasure of attending Akron’s 6th annual summer fashion show (remember this post?). The event is hosted by Akron’s own NOTO boutique, a hidden gem located deep in the Orangerie mall. Downtown’s rustic Trolley Barn was an all too appropriate choice for this summer’s show theme, “Vintage Americana.”
NotoRecapHorizontal2
NotoRecap2.5Horizontal
Women were adorned in bold shades of crimson and cobalt while local vendors sold bites, booze, and goods around the outskirts of the stage. Attendees were greeted with a complimentary signature “Notini,” pictured to the right. My mother was my date and it was a perfect evening of big laughs, great food, and lovely lines all in support of beautiful Akron.
NotoRecapHorizontal3
While my camera was on hand, my memory card managed to miss the trip. Aside from a few photos above I managed to snap with my iphone, all images are compliments of local Studio KMR Photography.

• July 29, 2014 at 8:24 pm // Reply

Likewise Sonia! Love a little old with the new. ;)

• July 29, 2014 at 8:25 pm // Reply

Thank you darling, I was honored to be asked to be a part of it. :)

• July 21, 2014 at 8:32 pm // Reply

aww that’s so fun you went with your momma! and this event looks awesome- i love vintage so having a full fashion show (with cocktails included it seems!) would have been a dream. And good luck getting through the rest of wedding season ;)

xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

• July 27, 2014 at 2:37 am // Reply

Awe thank you for the well wishes Marlen! First off, I love your name, and the momma is always a good wing woman! :) We had a great time.

• July 30, 2014 at 6:55 am // Reply

I’ve never been to a fashion show before but it actually looks like fun! We sometimes have small ones in Santa Barbara and I may try to go the next time :)

• August 3, 2014 at 1:09 am // Reply

I was a little out of my element as well Becca but I assure you it serves up a perfect GNO. I would have never known this event even existed had they not reached out, glad they did. :)