Moodboard: Kate Tessera

KateTessera
This moodboard has been a long time coming…
Approaching my senior year of college, I knew I needed to begin to build an online portfolio, not to mention some what of a brand presence. I did what most fresh design grads do, and began taking freelance work under my first and last name. Enter Kate Hardy…or should I say, Pamela Brooks. Ms. Brooks is a harlequin romance novelist, writing under the pen name Kate Hardy. How my name came up as a seductive pseudonym, I’m not quite sure; however, she has a dedicated following among all other coordinating handles, domains, and usernames. I’ve shared the internet with her for nearly four years now and after careful deliberation, have decided to finally surrender. She’s far more of a Kate Hardy than I am anyhow. ;)

On that note, I will be working on a portfolio overhaul and blog re-brand for the next month or so. I haven’t entirely decided if I’m going to take my current portfolio site down and do a big unveil or simply work with it live. Most importantly, I know I will defnitely continue blogging so if you notice small gradual changes from day to day, now you have an explanation. It’s not too much of a departure from what I have happening now–just cleaned up, less formal, and more modern. Any advice or input along the way is appreciated!

See you on the flip side and have a great weekend,
Kate Tessera

• May 23, 2014 at 2:38 pm // Reply

ha! when you first commented on one of my blog posts i googled your name and came across the other kate hardy. it took me a minute to figure out it wasn’t you ;)

• May 24, 2014 at 2:35 pm // Reply

Haha! That sounds about right. I’m just glad she has a photo on her homepage so hopefully people weren’t too confused for too long.

• May 23, 2014 at 3:23 pm // Reply

When you’re a huge success it will be nice to say “I knew her back when she was ‘Hardy.'” :)

• May 24, 2014 at 2:37 pm // Reply

Hahah! All too true Aaron, all too true. ;)

• May 23, 2014 at 5:54 pm // Reply

That’s hilarious! Can’t wait to see the new version!

• May 27, 2014 at 8:56 pm // Reply

That moodboard is just beautiful! And whoa, Miss Kate Hardy the romance novelist! Well, I know that whatever you decide to do with your portfolio name, it will be not less than amazing. Can’t wait to see what you have in store!

• May 30, 2014 at 2:36 pm // Reply

You’re the best Jessica! :) Thank you for the kind words darling.

• May 29, 2014 at 6:46 pm // Reply

Love all these images! Sounds like you have lots of wonderful things in store, cant wait to follow along.

• May 30, 2014 at 2:38 pm // Reply

Appreciate it Nan. :) Gorgeous blog yourself, I will certainly be checking in!