Snow Trails

SnowTrails1
This past week I have been watching the family dog while my parents were away. She certainly kept me on my toes, making sure we saw just about every park, path, and trail in the greater Northeast Ohio area. The snow was beginning to melt, leaving little foreshadowings of spring as well as the clearly printed paths of the locals. I thought as an ode to the slowly fading winter, I would share just a few traces we stumbled upon on one of our weekend walks…
SnowTrails2
SnowTrails3
SnowTrails4
SnowTrails5
Just so we’re clear, that last one is my White German Shepherd…not a wolf. What traces of spring are you enjoying this month?

• March 19, 2014 at 3:46 pm // Reply

I’m super impressed with your animal footprint identifications! And your designs for each one are just lovely. I’ve been becoming obsessed with any and all new spring blooms I come across — it’s kind of a problem, really. :)

• March 21, 2014 at 12:24 am // Reply

Apparently, one of the very few lessons I retained from years of Girl Scouts. Wish I had spotted more blooms than little paw paths, those sound so lovely. Mostly just leaves and grass around the tracks.

• March 19, 2014 at 4:01 pm // Reply

Little flower blooms have been peaking through the melting snow on my runs each day. I can’t wait for spring to be in full swing here!

• March 21, 2014 at 12:25 am // Reply

I’m completely with you Dani!

• March 22, 2014 at 1:52 am // Reply

I second Diana — I am impressed you can tell whose prints are whose!

Love this post, so much! The way you curated it is just so fun and creative. :)

I am loving the little buds that are growing on trees. It’s so nice to see them green again!

• March 25, 2014 at 10:04 pm // Reply

Thanks so much Latrina, and much agreed! I’ll take green over white woods any day.

• March 22, 2014 at 7:30 pm // Reply

Absolutely cool post.
    One thing is for sure, I’m with the girls above, I would never be able to tell what did the prints by looking at it.

• March 25, 2014 at 10:06 pm // Reply

Oh trust me, I had to verify many online. ;)

• March 24, 2014 at 3:49 am // Reply

This is such a cool post !! I love the close up pictures of the animals ! I remember when I was younger playing games finding different animals footprints in the snow !!

What a cool blog you have =] Will be following for sure now !!

Victoria @ Alf & Emilio

• March 25, 2014 at 10:08 pm // Reply

Appreciate it Victoria! Certainly heading to check out your corner of the wild web! :)