Trend Spotting: Militaria

Militaria

It’s been awhile since my last Trend Spotting, but this one has been marching through for quite some time now. Recently it has seemed everyone is part of the admiral’s club. From more quiet calls to badges and insignia in print design all the way to felt wools and epaulettes in fashion. Some shops like 1924 even sell goods directly influenced by vintage field supplies. I can’t pinpoint where the movement began, but there certainly is something about it’s subtle salute to our country’s roots, the values we stand for, and the beckoning for adventure that keeps this trend in command.

Have you followed orders from any of these militia-inspired products? I, for one, know I have about three pairs of combat boots lying around…what can’t a girl do in those?

• February 28, 2014 at 12:00 am // Reply

ouu love this style! i’ve been wanting to get a pair of combat boots for some time now – just not sure i can pull them off :p

• March 2, 2014 at 11:11 pm // Reply

Sure you can Tara! I’ve never met a pair I didn’t like.

• February 28, 2014 at 1:23 am // Reply

The colors!! I’d definitely jump into the trend, if only if it suits me!!!

• March 2, 2014 at 11:26 pm // Reply

I know, I love that burnt orange and sort of olive khaki.

• February 28, 2014 at 3:56 am // Reply

Love it! I wish I could pull off more military inspired looks/items, but for some reason, it doesn’t really “go” with me haha! So I’m satisfied window shopping :) LOVE those boots!

• March 2, 2014 at 11:38 pm // Reply

Understood Jessica. When I was younger I would wear delicate little dresses all. the. time. But as I’ve grown up, my style as sort of evolved into that of…well, a dude. Haha

• June 3, 2014 at 2:30 am // Reply

So glad you stopped by Polished Closets! We totally matched up with our military inspired posts today :) I love your picks here! Those boots are awesome!

Maggie