Mixtape 4

CreaturesOfTheSnow
Yesterday was one of the coldest days Ohio has seen in years. The streets were quiet, businesses & schools were empty, everyone was hibernating indoors. January always brings sort of serene silence to the Midwest. Unfortunately, being the social creatures we are, this serenity can often easily evolve into a severe case of cabin fever. Hopefully this playlist serves as a gentle yet uplifting mix to work, read, or simply relax to; and if you’re a fellow dweller of an icy province, hopefully this serves as a calming reminder that though we may feel alone in our quarters, we’re actually all deep in this snow together.
1. Dirty Paws // Of Monsters And Men
11. Shiver Shiver // Walk the Moon
12. Sleet and Snow // My First Tooth
13. Cough Syrup // Young the Giant
14. If I Lose Myself // OneRepublic
15. Winter Birds // Ray LaMontagne
A final note…
With professional and personal matters slowing down a bit this season and as part of my new year aspirations, I will be blogging twice a week (“baby steps” back to everyday as discussed in my previous post). As you may have noticed, you will now be hearing from me every Wednesday and Friday. I hope you find time to stop by or reach out!

• January 8, 2014 at 5:01 pm // Reply

This mixtape is right up my alley! It features so many of my favourite artists. Can’t wait to give it a listen :)

• January 8, 2014 at 6:06 pm // Reply

So glad to hear it Dani! I’ll have to check out some of your playlists given we have similar taste!

• January 8, 2014 at 6:32 pm // Reply

Oh my gosh, Kate! I’m pretty sure you hit the nail on the head with this mix.. it has so many of my favorite artists on it! Looking forward to more posts :)

• January 8, 2014 at 10:36 pm // Reply

Thanks Emily! Looking forward to more from “A Lively Blend” and stay warm!

• January 9, 2014 at 8:43 pm // Reply

Likewise on both to you Allison! :)

• January 10, 2014 at 5:06 pm // Reply

Oooh, I love this playlist! I’ve only listened to about 50% of it, so I’m excited to discover those other artists :) With all this snow and grey weather, new music is definitely welcomed!

• January 10, 2014 at 6:43 pm // Reply

Couldn’t agree more Kyla! I’d love to discover some of your recent musical hooks on “Kyla Is Inspired.”